Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Really, really, it's a miracle!

September 2011

Really, really, it's everyones miracle. At first some thought it is a miracle for Mariama. Then I realised it is a miracle for both of us. Why?  Because we have both been enormously blessed by the experience.
Ultimately, I understoond that the miracle is shared by everyone who has shared this experience with us. You, the reader of this blog, friends, family and everyone who has been touched by the story. Mariama and I are just so thankful and grateful for the love, support, kindness and friendship that everyone involved has shared with us. We are forever changed and touched for the better by this miracle. Really really this is a miracle.

This journey started 12 months ago in September 2010. Mariama and I met again at the same venue 12 months later September 2011. We celebrated  the 10th birthday of her nephew Jaden and also the birth of a life long sisterhood bonded by miracles. We're both doing great! 
 
Jaden's Ladder Gala August 2011

Thank you everyone for this miracle!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you sister, Thea for such a wonderful gift.
    I still get all chocked up when I see or read about our story.
    I can still hear the transplant staff at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center explaining to me the different ways of getting a living donor. One way was to ask a friend. My answer was, how could I, Mariama put a person in that position? Who in their right mind would want to do something like that for me?
    It was difficult for me to even think of asking a family member, let along a friend.
    I left that room that day broken, discouraged and lost.
    I have come to understand through my angel the meaning of TRUE love.
    The kind of LOVE that only God can give.
    Yes, Thea, it is truly and really a miracle.
    Who would have thought that a birthday party would bring us together.
    Thank you Jaden for inviting Theo, who by the way has the same birthday as I, to this event.
    I will eternally be grateful to you for hearing and listening to that call, precious lady.
    One makes plans in life on a daily basis but God always has the last say.
    Dear friends and family as you read our story, one thing I ask of you is lift Thea and her family up in prayer. May God continue to bless, protect and guide them throughout their life.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete