Friday, February 18, 2011

"Don't Make Me Come Down There!"~ God

I paid Mariama a visit on Thursday. She had a biopsy and an ultrasound to try to pinpoint the focus of her discomfort. I was pleased to hear that she is not rejecting kidney! It's functioning perfectly. I noticed she felt discouraged not knowing the cause of her pain. She is experiencing pain in her chest which causes shallow breathing. She was working on deep breathing exercises to help. Her muscles are tight so I told her I'd bring Nick next time to give her the best massage of her life. LOL
Her eating and drinking are minimal. It's very important for her to stay hydrated and nourish her body. Above all she needs to hang on to the hope that she is getting better everyday and that this too shall pass. Changing your thoughts can change your life!

By the end of our visit I noticed her mood improve. She laughed and smiled more. We watched One Life To Life, General Hospital and The Oprah Show together. Then we went for a walk around the hospital wing. Staying in bed with a little movement can cause more of the same. It is important for her improved health to get up and move.
A Social Worker came in to speak with her about her recovery and how she was feeling and there was talk of her going home soon. I'll speak to her later today for an update and she if she will be going home.

All positive thoughts of love and supported are gratefully received. Thank you!

Cheers~

3 comments:

  1. When I look at my own experiences with healing I know it's good not to define what the body is doing or resist it. The body is healing and constantly rebuilding and fighting stuff off and sometimes that feels weird... pressure, tightness, and even pain. It's just part of the bodies business, and none of mine. My business is to watch my thoughts and not to get into judging the body's job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really it Melissa! Watch the thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking around for this kind of information

    Promotional Items In Dubai - BMIGifts is a worldwide company leading promotional gift items supplier from China serving a large number of major corporations in Dubai, Canada and India. Browse our website www.bmigifts.com for unique promotional gift items or Email us now on info@bmigifts.com.

    ReplyDelete