Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Getting back to normal....a new normal!

Has it really been 5 weeks? Yes, it's been 5 weeks post surgery and I'm 80% back to myself.  I'm working though a bit of fatigue and I'm moving a little slower (not sure if its from surgery or age..lol) but I'll be 100% in no time. It's amazing how your body recovers from organ removal surgery. Nothing less than MIRACULOUS!

Mariama is still in the hospital after being re~admitted for dyhydration. I spoke with my sweetheart Mariama yesterday for Valentine's Day. She has had some other issues outside the kidney transplant. At the moment the Dr.'s are trying to diagnose a tightening in her chest. So she has been going through several lung examinations. She is in the right place and we look forward to her complete healing!

It's been quiet a journey. It's pretty quiet around the house. The 4 Freeman's (Nick's kids) have left. (I could write another blog about that experience). I've decided to re~enter the job market and that in itself is a full time job. Wish me luck ;-)

The past few months have been an tremendous experience. A wild ride. Thanks for sharing this time with me. I will continue to post updates on Mariama's progress.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Wow thanks for sharing this. I love you! <3 Be the miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mel...Be The Miracle! It can replace "Be The Love." Let's do it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you Thea,
    May you be back to 100% soon!
    And may Mariama start feeling a lot better.♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Thea,
    RiverDharma is Evelyn Aung-Thwin. I started a blog but never wrote anything, then forgot about it!

    ReplyDelete