Sunday, November 7, 2010

The BIG Jug

The evening of September 22 I met Mariama at a High School Football game where I received my next assignment. I needed to pass another test.


The end of the game we walked to the car. Before I knew it I was whisked up in the air by Mariama’s sister Oneta. I was shocked at how this beautiful woman took me, gave me the biggest hug imaginable and shared her gratitude. Little did she know that I was more grateful to have the opportunity to gift such a gift. It was a beautiful moment with Oneta that I’ll never forget.

The next assignment is the 24 hour urine test. Mariama gives me this very large 2 liter jug. I thought to myself “I’m supposed to fill this thing?” But I took it, read the instructions and on Monday started the process.

Tuesday morning we were back on the road, jug in hand headed to Boston. I sense this ride will be very pleasant and it was. Lot’s of laughing and joking. Nick makes us all laugh. Especially Ed, who drives us each time to Boston. He’d like to keep his business like manner, but with Nick in the car, it’s simply impossible.

We met Nancy, who for some strange reason seems surprised every time she sees us in the waiting room.  Surprised that we’re there, surprised we have the jug and surprised that we have time for more testing. But we came prepared and ready! So we dropped off the jug, provided another urine sample, more blood and sent away for an EKG and Chest X-Ray. What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment