Wednesday, November 17, 2010

❤Why Am I Doing This?❤

I am often asked why I chose to be a donor. Actually, it's not how I look at it. It didn't feel like a choice and certainly not a hard one. Before I offered my kidney to Mariama I felt peacefully guided by an inner knowing. You may call it Intuition, The Inner voice,  Divine Energy or God's Love. It was simply an inspired opportunity to give. This choice was given TO me, not made by me. I didn't do anything. I was being done. All I had to do was 'not do.' Not resist the urge to give. Freely, peacefully and lovingly. 

The only hard part of this process was the resistence I received from some friends whose own fears asked me to question my guidence.  Almost, without question, these friends doubted the decision. Many of their fears about their own lives came to the surface. "What if this..." and " What if that...?" "What about this..." and "What about that...?" "WHAT ABOUT YOUR KIDS?!?"  "There is no benefit to you, Thea. You're actually losing in this deal!!"  Thankfully the continued peace and reassurance I feel and the strength of my trust in Him, has become an unshakeable force for me and an inspiration for most of these skeptics. And now we all can be the witness for the trust for and love of God.

With God all things are possible and if I'm given the opportunity be a conduit of peace, love and joy through becoming a donor, I'm going to take it. That's all the reason I need.❤

4 comments:

  1. The writing is on the wall (or the sign on the table), some things are meant to be. You are wise to have listened to your inner guidance. It was great to meet Miriama and her "extended family" yesterday. I will hold you both in my thoughts and prayers for a safe, happy and blessed outcome"

    ReplyDelete
  2. For those who believe there is nothing in it for you, they are wrong. Having been an organ donor myself, I can tell you that when you look beyond the physical, there is inner fulfillment that you will never get from anywhere or anything else. They say God gives and takes away life. This is your chance to give life again! I thank God everyday for the wonderful gift of Thea. You are trully a Godsend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Bella.
    Have a wonderful weekend and God bless you
    Rasako

    ReplyDelete