Sunday, November 14, 2010

Only for you, Mariama

We've pretty much finished the testing. All X-Rays, blood work and urine samples, PAP and Mamogram came out great! I must have done ok with the pyschiatrist because I was back this week to meet with the Nephrologist and had the CT Scan. The Nephrologist didn't like my blood pressure so they send a 24 hour monitoring device to keep track.
 
That CT Scan was not fun. Fasting all night with a 10am appointment, the technician jabbing me with big needles thristing for a good vein. After searching in my left arm, I told her to do the right arm.  It's where they all stick me. She wasn't satisfied with my suggestion so she started poking in the left. OUCH!!!!! Nick was afraid to tell me at that time what an awful job she did. Tears were streaming dowm my face. Then a pinch! Finally, I thought, she's finshed. But no, she had pulled the needle out and went for the right arm. "NO FREAKIN' WAY!" I yelled. "NO FREAKIN' WAY!" Thank God for my darling Nick who calmly wiped my tears away and said "Yes, sorry, Baby."
 
The needle went in! She said first water in the vein then a contrast dye so they can take a few pics of my abdomen. The dye stung as it went in and then a warm sensation throught my body. " Take a deep breath in." the machine told me. Then it said " You can breath normally." A few minutes later, I was out of there. I was told to drink plenty of water to rid my kidney of the dye.  I felt crappy for the rest of the day and into the night. I felt a migraine coming on and when I  went to bed I thought my head would explode. I didn't want to take anything for it because of the effect on my kidney's. Nick gave me a cold compress and I fell to sleep.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I am sooo sory you had to go throgh that pain. Glad Nick was there to hold your hand.
    Thanks mom for a beautiful, wonderful ahd kind daughter.
    May God bless your family.
    Love
    Rasako

    ReplyDelete