Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Thankful Giving


Mariama, Thea, Kim

At the heart of Thanksgiving is the expression of gratitude for having enough food to eat and to share all the wonderful bounties of life with others.

My family had the pleasure of sharing this Thanksgiving with Mariama. She looked happy and healthy and full of life. The evaluation process is finished ending with a 24 hour blood pressure monitor ending the Wed. before Thanksgiving. It does a reading every 20 minutes during the day and once and hour at night. Although I was hoping to be on my way to recovery by this time, it was awesome to eat a delicious turkey dinner joining families; remembering its not in my time but God's time that all things happen.  I just hope He hurries up.(SMILE~WINK~LOL)

Nick (my life partner) has his 4 children arriving this week from Australia. Anna 21, David 19, Joe 17 & Eliza 14 will be arriving on November 30. They are on their summer holiday from Aussieland and are on their way to the USA.  We are very grateful that they will be joining us. They will be here until February. With my 4 children Victoria 16, Spencer 14, Parker 11& Theo and Nick's 4 children we will have a full house for the Holiday season. We are a true, modern day Brady Bunch.

Miracles are everywhere this Holiday season. The father of my children Phil, is the most wonderful Dad any child could ask for. He has been a true support. We were all together this Thanksgiving. A true healing. He has offered to help Nick and I with what we need while Nick's children are here. The big need is how to transport 10 people around New England. Lucky for us, Phil has a van. I am so grateful for his kindness and support.

God's love is all around. You can see it where ever you go. Constant and Eternal. In every smile. In every wink. In laughter. I'm so grateful for His protection, always keeping me safe in His care. His love has kept me healthy and with this love I am able to give the gift of hope, health and happiness to another. I'm just so grateful.



1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog.
    I am the lukiest person on earth to have a new family in my life and especially a sister who is willing to give me a second chance.
    I enjoyed sharing this meal with your family and to hear everyone express the reasons why they were thankful in life.
    God bless you richly.
    Rasako

    ReplyDelete